2018 Grizzlies of Lake Clark National Park (FULL)
This trip is perfect for the beginner to advanced photographer looking for a true adventure. You'll walk among and photograph the titans of the forest, Alaska's giant coastal brown bears. No doubt, you'll be telling tales of this adventure for years to come.
- 4 Nights (5 Days) Camping Among the Bears
- Small, Private Group of 4-6 Photographers
- Photography instruction for those who would like help
- Peak Time of Year for Bear Photography (lots of cute cubs!)
- One of the Best Locations for Bear Photography in Alaska
- Guide Has 10 Years' Experience Photographing Bears in the Wild
- Extensive Bear Safety Training Provided—More Than Any Other Guide
- Moose, Wolves, Red Fox and Bald Eagles May Make an Appearance
- There's No Other Bear Adventure This Affordable
ABOUT LAKE CLARK
Lake Clark National Park is a land of stunning beauty. Shimmering lakes dot the landscape and rivers wind their way between the volcanoes and craggy mountains. Meanwhile, bears forage for clams on the beaches and sedge in the grassy meadows. It's an experience like no other. Our destination along the coastline is a short 45-minute bush plane flight from Anchorage.
This adventure involves upwards of 20 miles of backpacking (on flat ground), so being in reasonable shape is important. You'll also need to own or rent backpacking gear—an essential gear checklist will be provided.
- Bush Plane Flight (round trip)
- Motel or B&B in Anchorage (before)
- Dinner & Drinks in Anchorage (after)
- Uber/Lyft Reimbursement in Anchorage
- Bear Spray
- Electric Bear Fence
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Portland to Anchorage Airfare (~$400 RT)
2018 DATES: 6/29 - 7/5
PRICE: $1,500 per person w/ $500 deposit
RSVP: Ready to experience the real Alaska, or have questions? Contact me for more information.
Brianna's blog series, Alaska, documents her experience on the Grizzlies of Lake Clark National Park Photo Tour.